110 g butter or margarine , softened at room temperature
110 g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
110 g self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
140 g butter, softened
280 g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
70gr cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line 12 muffin tins with the cupcakes’ paper cases
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. When done mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full (be careful as they will grow).
- bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top (you can do the skewer test and introduce a skewer into one of the cupcakes and if it comes out clean then it is ready).
- Take them out of the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from tin and let it cool a little more.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth. (To make it easier you can add the icing sugar little by little so it doesn’t get messy).
- Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tbsp of milk, adding more milk if necessary, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix it well until it is all combined and smooth.
- Decorate your cupcakes.
Tip: you can garnish your cupcakes with a strawberry, some sprinkles or anything you want :)